Are You Entitled to Additional Benefits?
The Department of Education provides a program for Veterans to discharge their student loans. To be eligible, the Veteran must have a service-connected disability(ies) that is 100% disabling, or be totally disabled based on an Individual Unemployability determination. For more information concerning this benefit, please contact the U.S. Department of Education, Disability Discharge Loan Servicing Center P.O. Box 5200 Greenville, TX 75403-5200 or toll free at 1-800-433-7327. Visit there website at

Your current eligibility to Dependents’ Educational Assistance benefits under Chapter 35, CHAMPVA benefit entitlement and entitlment to Armed Forces Commissary and Exchange privileges continue unchanged.

You may be eligible for medical care by the VA health care system for any service connected disability. You may apply for medical care or treatment at the nearest medical facility. If you apply in person, present a copy of this letter to the Patient Registration Eligibility Section. If you apply by writing a letter, include your VA file number and a copy of this letter.

If you receive care at a VA medical facility, please call our Health Benefits Call Center at 1-877-222-VETS (8387) or notify your
local VA medical center of this change in your compensation benefits. This rating decision may reduce or eliminate your co payments
for your VA-provided medical care. You may also be eligible for a refund based on this rating decision. Information regarding V A health care eligibility and co-payments is available at our website

You should contact your State office of veteran’s affairs for information on any tax, license, or fee-related benefits for which you may be eligible as a veteran (or surviving dependent of a veteran). State offices of veteran’s affairs are available at

What You Should Do If You Disagree With Our Decision
If you do not agree with our decision, you should write and tell us why. You have one year from the date of this letter to appeal the decision. The enclosed VA Form 4107, “Your Rights to Appeal Our Decision, ” explains your right to appeal.