Who are the federal loan servicers for the U.S. Department of Education?

Servicer Contact Information for Borrowers Contact Information for Schools
Phone Website Phone Website
Direct Loan Servicing Center (ACS) 1-800-848-0979 www.dl.ed.gov 1-888-877-7658 www.dl.ed.gov/schools
FedLoan Servicing 1-800-699-2908 www.MyFedLoan.org 1-800-655-3813 www.MyFedLoan.org/schools
Great Lakes 1-800-236-4300 www.mygreatlakes.org 1-888-686-6919 www.mygreatlakes.org
Nelnet 1-888-486-4722 www.nelnet.com 1-866-463-5638 www.nelnet.com
Sallie Mae 1-800-722-1300 www.salliemae.com 1-888-272-4665 www.opennet.salliemae.com


How do I know which students are with which servicer?

Access the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) to determine the servicer for a specific borrower.

  • NSLDS includes information on commercial and PUT FFELP (Federal Family Education Loan Program) loans and Federal Direct Loans, as well as the servicer assigned to the loan.
  • For federally serviced loans, updates occur on a weekly basis, including federally owned loans that are reassigned, to avoid split servicing.

Or contact each participating servicer to identify which students the servicer has on their system.

Additionally, FedLoan Servicing publishes reports identifying the borrowers that we service. When we first add loans for your school to our system, we will contact you to alert you of your loan volume and to discuss reports available to track your student population with us.

Federal Student Loan  locater call National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS): 800-433-3243, say customer service to get  representative to help you locate loan location.

You need a borrower PIN or Parent Pin: visit www.pin.ed.gov

apply for a pin, had a pin apply for duplicate pin, if not sure check status.